WhatA type of Active Reading
- detail focus
- pairs thought with evidence
- leads to analysis
- applicable to any text
How #1multiple reading of a text
- explore types of details in each read
ex. verbs, adjectives, images, etc
- create detailed notes
- think back to Dream Deferred or chimpanzee ex.
How #2After reading, organise evidence - what does it suggest?
- create a thesis statement using the following procedure:
- state details you will focus on (clown make up on the chimp)
- use an active verb (suggests)
- abstract concept (inhumanity)
The fastest way to carry out formative assessments in class