Spiral - Collaborative learning for 1:1 devices
Student code: log in
At the start of each activity, a code will be displayed on the board so that students can join. They will need to visit
gospiral.ac on their device and enter the code to be instantly added to the lesson.
What is collaborative learning?
A white paper from London research university, UCL, found that collaborative learning, formative assessment and technology integration have a significant impact in the classroom and how students learn.
- Collaborative learning
- Formative assessment
- Technology integration
To read the white paper, visit:
Spiral have based their 3 apps - Quickfire, Discuss and Team Up around these concepts.
Quickfire allows students to:
- answer questions which are then posted anonymously on the white board
- annotate and label images using the canvas feature
Quickfire also allows teachers to carry out a quick analysis on how much students have learnt and any knowledge gaps that there may be
Team Up allows students to:
- be assigned to groups and collaborate
- share ideas and present their work to the rest of the class
- comment on each other's work
Discuss allows students to:
- interact with presentations while engaging in discussions
- respond to each other's answers and collaboratively come to conclusions
Discuss: Practice activity
- all lesson interactions and data is saved
- carry out formative assessment
- monitor student progress
- quickly identify knowledge gaps.
Discuss makes it super easy to make any slideshow into an interactive presentationPlay this activity
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes