Your group is a colonial town. You are a member of your town's legislature. Most of the members of the town are married and have families. Your town is in a colony that is actively trading in both African and Indian slaves. Your town has significant farm land that needs to be cultivated so labor is in high demand. Your town also has significant poverty issues where many people crowd around the town square everyday. Recently, the Crown announced that a shipload of convicts will be sent and settled in your colony.
1) Either individually or with one other person, choose a topic and come up with a law.
2) Post that law to the discussion page here or write it down on paper.
3) Once everyone has come up with a law, then vote in each group for each law.
4) Tally up the scores to see which law got a unanimous vote.
Indian Slave Trade
African Slave Trade
"Warning Out" Laws
Alan Gallay, The Indian Slave Trade
Kunal Parker, Making Foreigners
Discuss makes it super easy to make any slideshow into an interactive presentationPlay this activity
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes