This precalculus video tutorial explains how to graph conic sections in standard form such as parabolas, hyperbolas, ellipses, and circles. This video contains plenty of examples and practice problems.
Here is a list of topics:
1. Conic Sections Review
2. Graphing Circles In Standard Form
3. Finding The Center and Radius of a Circle
4. Graphing Ellipses In Standard Form
5. Writing an Equation In Standard Form By Completing The Square
6. Identifying The Coordinates of the Foci
7. Graphing Parabolas Using The Foci and Directrix
8. Identifying the Equations of the Asymptotes of a Hyperbola
9. Using the Horizontal Major Axis and Vertical Minor Axis Length to graph ellipses.
Tagged under: conic sections,parabolas,ellipses,hyperbolas,circles,graphing circles standard form,center,radius,graphing ellipses standard form,graphing hyperbolas standard form,vertex form,standard form,completing square,graphing,foci,directrix,asymptotes,precalculus,major axis,minor axis,horizontal,vertical
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes