In this video I explain how to solve proportion word problems.PROPORTION WORD PROBLEMS
1. Circle the two items you're comparing.
2. Set up AND LABEL the unit for your first ratio.
3. Set up the second ratio and include a variable for the unknown
value (the value you're trying to find).
4. Solve (use the previous notes if needed).
5. Check cross products and make sure your answer is LOGICAL!
Please watch: "Study Skills Teacher's Secret Guide to your Best Grades"
Tagged under: math,middle grade math proportions,solving proportions proportion word problems,proportion,proportions,proportions ratios,proportional relationships 7th grade,proportional relationships
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes