4 tips to beat and overcome procrastination - Time management & Interpersonal skills
Blog : http://www.learnex.in/4-tips-to-beat-and-overcome-procrastination-time-management-interpersonal-skills
Have you come across the question how soon can this be done? And your answer to that is not now - well that mean never. Delaying, putting off things, slacking, hiding from work or facing work only when you have no option is called procrastination. If you procrastinate too much, success is a long way off for you. In this session with Skillopedia you will learn few tips to overcome procrastination with great success.
Website : http://www.letstalkpodcast.com
1. Just take the first step - You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step. When you start to look too far, the task just seems to be impossible and you tend to give up at the very beginning. Focus on the first step, this will change your mental state of being resistant to being " yes, I can do it" Moment you achieve success in your very first step you tend to be more enthusiastic towards your next step. So break your tasks into little steps.
2. Eat the frog first - Start with the most difficult task first.
When you start with the hard jobs first the easy jobs take care of themselves. Most of us have the to do list - some tasks are easy while some are so difficult. We fear them too much - it's time to face your fear, if you start your day by accomplishing the most difficult task first, the rest of the day would be so relaxing and easy.
3. Change your environment - Different environments have different impact on your productivity. Look at your work desk, is it too relaxing and makes you want to snuggle in a blanket and sleep. Time to change that, your work environment should be very positive and inspiring that motivates you to work harder. Hang out with people who inspire you, who are positive enough to motivate you. You don't need negative people around you.
4. Do not wait for the perfect time - When you set your goals, you need to understand that there is no perfect time to start. Perfectionism is one of the biggest reasons for procrastination. One should re-clarify your goals. Often times we outgrow our goals so it is important for us to re-clarify it to ourselves. Also, share your goals with your friends and family workers so that the next time they meet they will ask about your accomplishments - this works as a reminder for you. It is a great way to keep yourself accountable to your plans.
Hope these tips help you to overcome procrastination. While strategizing and planning helps - taking the action is within you. So just get a grip and do it. This will help you to stop procrastinating.
Tagged under: procrastination,time management skills,personality development,business communication skills,business english,learn english,speak english,managing time,skillopedia,niharika lessons,letstalkpodcast,corporate skills,corporate training,interpersonal skills,develop personality,communication skills,personality development video
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes