This video tutorial provides basic lessons on physics / kinematic in one dimension concepts such as the difference between distance and displacement, speed vs velocity, and acceleration. It discusses displacement, velocity and acceleration time graphs in addition to providing all of the kinematic formulas that you need. This video also provides a series of distance, acceleration and velocity practice problems to work on.
Here is a list of topics covered in this video:
1. Scalar vs Vector Quantities - Magnitude & Direction
2. Units of Distance, Displacement, Speed, Velocity & Acceleration
3. How To Calculate Distance & Displacement
4. How To Find Average Speed & Average Velocity
5. Kinematic Equations & Formulas
6. Speed - The Absolute Value of Velocity
7. Distance, Constant Speed & Time Tables
8. Time, Constant Acceleration, Velocity, & Distance Table
9. How To Find Velocity / Slope From a Displacement Time Graph
10. How To Find Displacement / Area From a Velocity Time Graph
11. Acceleration / Slope From a Velocity Time Graph
12. How To Get Velocity / Area From an Acceleration Time Graph
Physics / Kinematics In One Dimension Word Problems:
13. A truck is moving at a constant speed of 32 m/s. How long in hours will it take for the truck to travel 25 miles?
14. A car accelerates from rest to 28 m/s in 3.5 seconds. What is the car's average acceleration? How far did it travel during this time period?
15. A truck slows down from 40 m/s to 12 m/s. During this time the truck covered a distance of 800 m. What is the average acceleration of truck? How long did it take for its speed to decrease from 40 m/s to 12 m/s?
16. A car is traveling at a constant speed of 25 m/s. It begins to accelerate at a rate of 2.7 m/s^2 for 7.1 seconds. How far does it travel during this time? What is the final speed of the car 7.1 seconds later?
17. A van travels at a constant speed of 18 m/s for 4.3 seconds. It begins to accelerate at a rate of 3.4 m/s^2 for 5.1 seconds and then maintains that speed for another 15 seconds. Finally, it slows down to rest in 14.8 seconds. How far did the van travel during this time?
18. Two trains are 400 miles apart traveling in opposite directions. The first train is traveling east at 35 mph and the second train is traveling west at 45 mph. When will they meet? How far will the train travel during this time?
19. When will two trains meet if they're traveling in opposite directions at 60 mph and 90 mph respectively if they're currently 600 miles apart? What if they're traveling in the same direction? When will they meet?
20. A bus is traveling at a constant speed of 25 m/s. A car is 60m behind the bus and begins to accelerate at 4.2 m/s^2 starting from an initial speed of 12 m/s. How long will it take for the car to catch up to the bus?
21. A stone is dropped from a building and takes 4.2 seconds to hit the ground. How high is the building? What is the final speed of the stone just before it hits the ground? What if it was thrown downward with an initial speed of 11.5 m/s?
22. King kong falls off from the empire state building which is about 380 meters high. How long does it take to hit the ground and at what speed?
23. A car rolls gently off a cliff and takes 12.5 second to hit the ground. How high is the cliff? What is the final velocity just before it hits the ground? How long does it take the car to reach a speed of 57 m/s?
24. A ball is thrown straight into the air with a speed of 28 m/s. How high does it go and how long is it in the air?
25. A cat jumps to a vertical height of 3.5 meters. How long is it in the air?
26. John throws a ball vertically upward into the air and catches it 4.2 seconds later. With what initial speed did he throw it and what maximum height did it reach?
27. A rock is thrown vertically upward with a velocity of 24 m/s. How fast is it moving when it reaches a height of 15 meters. How long does it take it to reach that height?
28. A rock is dropped from a cliff into the sea and the sound is heard 2.6 seconds later. If the speed of sound is 340 m/s, how high is the cliff?
29. A falling stone takes 0.25 seconds to travel past a 2 meter tall window. From what height above the top of the window did the stone fall from?
30. A stone is thrown vertically upward with a speed of 16 m/s from a 100m cliff. When will the stone hit the ground? What speed will it have just before it hits the ground? What is the total distance that the stone travels?
Tagged under: kinematics dimension,kinematics dimension problems,physics acceleration velocity problems,kinematics,physics,distance,acceleration,displacement,velocity,displacement time graphs,velocity time graphs,speed,kinematic equations,kinematic formulas,final velocity,distance time graphs,acceleration time graphs,velocity acceleration formulas,initial speed,final speed,initial velocity
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes