Whether you are completely new to creating FlexBooks® or already have your own library full of them, this webinar will enhance your understanding of this valuable tool.
- Finding content based on topic, standard, region, etc.
- Basics on customizing content and using the CK-12 editor
- Sharing and publishing a book or resource
Tagged under: CK-12 Foundation (Non Profit)
1. So... "working ollaboratively"... This is the point at which my ears prick up. What will be the best format for our 6-8 banded curriculum? One grade, one Flexbook? One strand, one Flexbook with standards organized into graded "chapters"? One strand, one grade, organized into Units? So many options. (00:04:31)
2. Advanced FlexBook Editing webinar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z5a4ApOH6I (00:06:05)
3. Offline READER! Students with no home Internet can still do work with the take home 1:1 system.
The offiline reader requires download. Ask IT if that's a thing that can be done with Chromebooks, or maybe we provide kids with no Internet a flash drive to use for this?
4. Here is an option for that "learning to study" dilemma Shelly and I have discussed several times. Teaching the kids a baseline study habit as a unniversal expectation might be a successful strategy. (00:11:14)
5. I took a quick look at Engineering (HS level, but has some things we could use) and Astronomy (LOTS to use here). Since the Engineering element of our standards is relatively new to all of us, maybe we should consider incorporating some of the resources here into an Engineering-specific chapter in each FlexBook, or in each grade level somehow. (00:17:01)
6. Shelly and I have explored most of these resources and used Google Classroom, or direct assignment in our classes. (00:21:28)
7. 9 districts in MO: https://www.ck12.org/schools/missouri
NKC is using FlexBooks for MIddle School Science, with one for unit in each grade. I'll be spending some time with these for sure!
Northeast Vernon Co. R-I High is using them for MS AND HS Science. (00:27:05)
8. Thanks, Shelly, for creating the curriculum doc that give the crosswalk for MLS and NGSS! While Missouri standards aren't broken down here for us, the NGSS alignment is done by CK-12. (00:29:21)
9. Taking a break here. I'll come back and finish the Spiral later and share. (00:30:58)
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes