At this event on March 28, 2017, attendees heard the unique perspectives of three speakers who were involved in the justice system in very different ways:
* being caught up in a prolonged custody battle
* playing a role in an internationally known homicide case
* enduring 30 years of incarceration in a federal prison.
* Anne Bremner is a Seattle-based attorney and founder of the advocacy group "Friends of Amanda Knox," which worked to obtain justice for Amanda Knox
* Maralee McLean fought a custody battle against her ex-husband, who sexually abused their daughter, and wrote the book Not Silenced
* Michael Santos spent 30 years in prison for non-violent drug crimes and later wrote a book, About Prison, chronicling his experiences.
Video provided by the University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus
Visit our YouTube channel:
Subscribe to our channel:
Visit our website:
Visit our newsroom:
Tagged under: University Colorado Denver,criminal justice,criminology
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes