This is a Scholastic Mini-PD session focused on "Fostering a Growth Mindset in Every Student."
Through this 30-minute, interactive panel discussion, you will:
1) Learn about the research on "academic mindsets" and other non-cognitive skills.
2) Walk away with tangible advice and tips for incorporating this promising research in your classroom and school.
3) Learn the difference between praising effort and praising results.
4) Hear from educators already implementing "growth mindset" research in schools.
Featuring David Dockterman, Eduardo Briceño, Emily Diehl, and Trilby Hillenbrand. For more about Mindset Works, go to http://www.mindsetworks.com. For more information on Scholastic professional learning opportunities, go to http://teacher.scholastic.com/products/scholastic-achievement-partners.
Tagged under: #hangoutsonair,Hangouts On Air,#hoa
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes