How to overcome laziness? - Intermediate English Lesson
Have you ever felt lazy?
You know you have things to do but you just can't be bothered? These may even be important things that will help you achieve what it is you want in life, and yet slumping down on the couch in front of the TV or going back to bed seems so much more enticing. What do you do when you're in these lazy "funks" as I call them?
Laziness is the enemy of productivity. If we were lazy, there is no way we could accomplish meaningful things. We may procrastinate doing things, or -- even if we do them -- we may do them only half-heartedly. There is no way we can produce high-quality results that way.
In this lesson, Ceema tells you how to overcome laziness. It could be due to the cold weather where in you just don't feel like doing anything. Sometimes you may be tired and so you feel lazy. But laziness also means being idle, and don't desire to do anything.
So, how do we overcome laziness.
1. Break down tasks : When you are lazy, small and big tasks seem very overwhelming. So it is better to break them down into chunks.
2. Rest, sleep and exercise : It is imperative to rest and sleep well, say about 8hours daily. Exercising daily, keeps the body physically fit and active.
3. Have a vision : Visualize what you want to be. This motivates you and enables you to be active.
4. Know the consequences : When you do your tasks, they will yield positive results. So, this reduces piling up of work, too.
5. Visualization : This means imagination. Imagine yourself doing the task efficiently. This leads to a positive mindset which eventually turns into action.
6. Procrastination : This means delaying your tasks to a later date. This should be strictly avoided as, it is the biggest barrier to overcoming laziness.
7. Observe others' success : Successful people have an active life. They do their work efficiently all the time. Keep a close watch on them to see how they overcome their laziness, pull up their socks to get down to their tasks and finally achieve success.
Tagged under: English lessons,Free English,English lesson,English video,vocabulary,business English,Grammar,learn grammar,English speaking,spoken English,learn English,speak English,speaking English,fluent English,fluency English,English training video,speak fluent English,accent training,American accent,British accent,US accent,UK accent,personality development,words,sentences,public speaking,presentation,soft skills, ,phrases,idioms,listening skills
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes