Making accurate world maps is mathematically impossible.
Subscribe to our channel! http://goo.gl/0bsAjO
Interact with projections: http://metrocosm.com/compare-map-projections.html
Mercator tool: http://thetruesize.com/
Mike Bostock Map Transitions: http://bl.ocks.org/mbostock/3711652
Mercator Puzzle: http://hive.sewanee.edu/ldale/maps/10/06-LOCAL.html
Vox.com is a news website that helps you cut through the noise and understand what's really driving the events in the headlines. Check out http://www.vox.com to get up to speed on everything from Kurdistan to the Kim Kardashian app.
Check out our full video catalog: http://goo.gl/IZONyE
Follow Vox on Twitter: http://goo.gl/XFrZ5H
Or on Facebook: http://goo.gl/U2g06o
Tagged under: world maps,world maps wrong, world maps wrong, maps wrong, maps wrong, maps wrong, world map wrong,world maps distorted,world maps distortion,world maps inaccurate,world map flat,flat world map,accurate world map,globe,Maps,World,map makers,map making,map projection,mercator projection,mercator projection inaccurate,Mercator,Projections,gall peters map,cartography,cartographers,winkel tripel projection,vox
1. How do map makers represent the globe onto a 2 dimensional flat map? (00:01:07)
2. What was the original purpose of the Mercator Projection Map? (00:02:12)
3. What is one failure of the Mercator Projection Map? (00:02:48)
4. What is one thing the Gall Peters Projection Map shows that the Mercator does not? (00:03:28)
5. What type of map projection does Google Maps use? (00:04:57)
6. How many different projection maps are there? (00:05:37)
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes