Scientific Eye Series 5 (1992)
A series of four science programmes each of which examines a single topic, using indiviudal stories, computer graphics, animation and demonstrations to illustrate more general scientific ideas.
The programmes are: Electricity and magnetism; Energy; Metals; Pressure.
1. Energy is the capacity to do w_ _ _ _.
2. List the two thing that ran out:
a. B_ _ _ _ _ _
b. G_ _
3. Can you see stored energy? YES / NO
4. Which type of energy does a windmill have? M_ _ _ _ _ _ _.
5. Sunlight is used by solar cells to produce E_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ that can be converted into M_ _ _ _ _ _ _. It is called an E_ _ _ _ _ C_ _ _ _.
6. Which experiment could be used to water the hanging basket?
7. What else could be used to draw up water? W_ _ _ _ _ _ _
8. The ladder is a E_ _ _ _ _ _ C_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _. What is the conversion?
9. Lifting things up gives P_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ E_ _ _ _ _.
10. The unit for energy is J_ _ _ _ or K_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .
11. If something falls, its potential energy is R_ _ _ _ _ _ _.
12. E_ _ _ _ _ _ is needed to do work.
13. Food has S_ _ _ _ _ Energy.
14. You can work out food’s energy using a B_ _ _ C_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
15. The shredded wheat energy is converted into:
a. S_ _ _ _
b. M_ _ _ _ _ _ _
c. H_ _ _ which is wasted energy.
16. Most of the car’s energy was converted into S_ _ _ _.
17. Which two types of energy does a light bulb have?
a. L_ _ _ _
b. H_ _ _
18. Which of the two types of light bulb was the best? Why?
Tagged under: Sci,Eye,Energy
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes