This general chemistry video tutorial shows you how to perform unit conversion and dimensional analysis. It contains a chart filled with common and important conversion factors for length / distance, area, volume, mass / weight, and pressure. This video contains plenty of notes, formulas / equations, examples and practice problems. This video provides a nice lesson / basic intro into the word of conversions / dimensional analysis within college & high school chemistry.
Here is a list of topics:
1. College Chemistry Conversion Chart - Dimensional Analysis
2. Conversion Factors - Km to m, cm to m, g to mg, miles to feet, miles to km, in to ft, in to cm, ft to yd, kpa to atm, torr to atm, mm hg to atm, kj to kcal, cal to j, ml to L, and nm to m.
3. Temperature Conversions - Fahrenheit to Celsius to Kelvin
4. Understanding Conversion Factors that are Squared and Cubed
5. One step Conversion Practice Problems
6. Double Conversion Examples
7. Multi Step Conversion Problems with Speed and Velocity - meters per second to miles per hour and kilometers per hour to feet per second.
8. Word Problem Conversions - Density and Volume - g/ml, kg/m3, etc.
9. Word Problems with Gallons, Ounces, Liters, Gasoline & Density of Gold
10. English System and Metric Conversions With Scientific Notation Step by Step
11. torr to atom conversions - atmospheric pressure
12. Gas Laws - STP - Mole to Liter Conversions
13. Grams to Moles and Moles to Grams Conversions Made Easy
14. Moles to Atoms Unit Conversion
15. Converting Grams to Atoms and Molecules Worksheet & Answers
16. Moles to Molecules and Atoms to Grams Conversions
17. Liters to Moles and Grams at STP For Gases
18. Heat Conversions - Calories and Joules
19. Stoichiometry - Mole to Mole and Gram to Gram Conversions Using Balanced Chemical Combustion Reaction / Equation
Tagged under: chemistry conversions,chemistry conversions easy,chemistry conversion factors,chemistry converting grams moles,chemistry conversion problems,chemistry conversions density,chemistry conversions volume,chemistry conversions moles,chemistry conversions scientific notation,chemistry converting units,chemistry dimensional analysis,chemistry,conversions,units,density,volume,temperature,grams,moles,atoms,molecules,dimensional analysis,scientific notation
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes