Anxiety and depression are widespread in the first world, but virtually unknown in agrarian societies. Why are people in developed nations increasingly unhappy? In this introduction to his Big Think Mentor (http://goo.gl/kVXvR) workshop on Spontaneous Happiness, Dr. Andrew Weil teaches a program designed to protect and enhance emotional well-being through a holistic approach to retraining body, mind, and spirit.
In this workshop, you'll learn to:
- Take a holistic and realistic approach to unlocking "spontaneous happiness."
- Integrate Eastern and Western approaches to positive psychology.
- Use specific breathing exercises and meditations designed to develop mindfulness
- Optimize your diet to support emotional well-being
- Build physical habits that support emotional well-being
Tagged under: Big Think,BigThink,BigThink.,Education,Educational,Lifelong Learning,EDU
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes