This physics video tutorial explains the concept of static equilibrium - translational & rotational equilibrium where everything is at rest and there's no motion. This video contains plenty of examples and practice problems.
Here is a list of topics:
1. Static Equilibrium Problems
2. Balancing a Seesaw - Lever Problem - Using Forces and Torques
3. Torque equals force times lever arm / moment arm
4. Positive and Negative Torques - Clockwise vs Counterclockwise rotation
5. Hanging Sign Tension Problem - Finding the tension in the two cables at two different angles
6. Hanging sign attached to a beam problem - how to calculate the horizontal and vertical components of the force exerted by the hinge and pivot point
7. Hanging sign attached to a beam at an angle - determining the tension force in the cable
8. Ladder Problem - How to find the force exerted by the wall on the ladder and the horizontal and vertical components of the force exerted by the ground / floor on the ladder.
9. Ladder problem with man on top. How to determine the coefficient of static friction that prevents the ladder from sliding down - Normal force and static frictional force calculations.
Tagged under: static equilibrium physics,static equilibrium problems,static equilibrium tension,static equilibrium beam,static equilibrium torque,static equilibrium ladder problems,static equilibrium,torque,beam,tension,cables,lever,ladder problem,ladder,physics,problems,normal force,static friction,hinge,components,pivot point,seesaw,hanging sign,lever arm,moment arm,rotational,equilibrium,weight,horizontal,vertical,examples,calculations, angles
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes