English Lesson - Talking about household chores in English ( Free English speaking Lessons)
Blog : http://www.learnex.in/talking-about-household-chores-in-english
We all feel a little lazy to do our household chores at times but it is the most important thing to do. It is important to keep our surrounding neat and tidy. In this English lesson you will learn some expressions to talk about the household chores that we need as a part of our daily routine.
Website : http://www.letstalkpodcast.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/letstalkpodcast
Youtube : http://www.youtube.com/learnexmumbai
The two verbs that we use to talk about cleaning or creating something related to household chores are Do and Make
Below are the expressions :
1) Make the bed - Rearranging the bed and it's coverings neatly after waking up.
2) Beat the rug - Expression used to dusting out the rug when its dusty and dirty.
3) Dust the furniture - To clean the layer of dust that settles on the furniture.
4) Sweep the floor - To clean the dirt or litter on the floor with the help of a brush or broom
5) Mop the floor - To clean the floor with a mop by soaking it in the water with disinfectants.
6) Vacuum the carpet - To clean a dirty carpet with a vacuum cleaner
7) Set the table - To prepare a dining table for the meal.
8) Clear the table - To removes the dishes and the cutlery from the table after the meal
9) Put the food away - After clearing the table to put the left overs in a refrigerator
10) Do the dishes - To clean the dirty dishes
11) Clean the Stove or Sink - To tidy up the stove and cleaning a clogged sink.
Use these expressions when you are in the middle of cleaning your house.
Tagged under: English lessons,Free English,English lesson,English video,vocabulary,business English,Grammar,learn grammar,English speaking,spoken English,learn English,speak English,speaking English,fluent English,fluency English,English training video,speak fluent English,accent training,American accent,British accent,US accent,UK accent,personality development,words,sentences,public speaking,presentation,soft skills, ,phrases,idioms,listening skills
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes