1 The owner of a small computer repair business has one employee, computations.
who is paid an hourly rate of $22. The owner estimates his weekly
profit using the function P(x) 8600 22x. In this function, x
represents the number of
(1) computers repaired per week
(2) hours worked per week
(3) customers served per week
(4) days worked per week
2 Peyton is a sprinter who can run the 40-yard dash in 4.5 seconds.
He converts his speed into miles per hour, as shown below.
Which ratio is incorrectly written to convert his speed?
3 Which equation has the same solutions as 2x2 x 3 0?
(1) (2x 1)(x 3) 0 (3)(2x 3)(x 1) 0
(2) (2x 1)(x 3) 0 (4)(2x 3)(x 1) 0
4 Krystal was given $3000 when she turned 2 years old. Her parents computations.
invested it at a 2% interest rate compounded annually. No deposits or
withdrawals were made. Which expression can be used to determine
how much money Krystal had in the account when she turned 18?
(1) 3000(1 0.02)16 (3) 3000(1 +0.02)^18
(2) 3000(1 0.02)16 (4) 3000(1 -0.02)^18
5 Which table of values represents a linear relationship?
6 Which domain would be the most appropriate set to use for a
function that predicts the number of household online-devices in
terms of the number of people in the household?
(1) integers (3) irrational numbers
(2) whole numbers (4) rational numbers
7 The inequality 7 computations. 2 __
3 x x 8 is equivalent to
(1) x 9 (3) x 9
(2) x 3 __
5 (4) x 3 __
8 The value in dollars, v(x), of a certain car after x years is represented
by the equation v(x) 25,000(0.86)x. To the nearest dollar,
how much more is the car worth after 2 years than after 3 years?
(1) 2589 (3) 15,901
(2) 6510 (4) 18,490
9 Which function has the same y-intercept as the graph
(1) y _1_2_ ____6_x_
4 (3) 6y x 18
(2) 27 3y 6x (4) y 3 6x below?
10 Fred is given a rectangular piece of paper. If the length of Fred’s computations.
piece of paper is represented by 2x 6 and the width is represented
by 3x 5, then the paper has a total area represented by
(1) 5x 11 (3) 10x 22
(2) 6x2 28x 30 (4) 6x2 6x 11
11 The graph of a linear equation contains the points (3,11) and (2,1).
Which point also lies on the graph?
(1) (2,1) (3) (2,6)
(2) (2,4) (4) (2,9)
12 How does the graph of f(x) 3(x 2)2 1 compare to the graph
of g(x) x2?
(1) The graph of f(x) is wider than the graph of g(x), and its vertex
is moved to the left 2 units and up 1 unit.
(2) The graph of f(x) is narrower than the graph of g(x), and its vertex
is moved to the right 2 units and up 1 unit.
(3) The graph of f(x) is narrower than the graph of g(x), and its vertex
is moved to the left 2 units and up 1 unit.
(4) The graph of f(x) is wider than the graph of g(
and its vertex is
moved to the right 2 units and up 1 unit.
13 Connor wants to attend the town carnival. The price of admission to
the carnival is $4.50, and each ride costs an additional 79 cents.
If he can spend at most $16.00 at the carnival, which inequality can
be used to solve for r, the number of rides Connor can go on, and
what is the maximum number of rides he can go on?
(1) 0.79 4.50r ≤ 16.00; 3 rides
(2) 0.79 4.50r ≤ 16.00; 4 rides
(3) 4.50 0.79r ≤ 16.00; 14 rides
(4) 4.50 0.79r ≤ 16.00; 15 rides
14 Corinne is planning a beach vacation in July and is analyzing the
daily high temperatures for her potential destination. She would like
to choose a destination with a high median temperature and a small
interquartile range. She constructed box plots shown in the diagram
Which destination has a median temperature above 80 degrees and
the smallest interquartile range?
(1) Ocean Beach (3) Serene Shores
(2) Whispering Palms (4) Pelican Beach
15 Some banks charge a fee on savings accounts that are left inactive
for an extended period of time. The equation y 5000(0.98)x
represents the value, y, of one account that was left inactive for a
period of x years.
What is the y-intercept of this equation and what does it represent?
(1) 0.98, the percent of money in the account initially
(2) 0.98, the percent of money in the account after x years
(3) 5000, the amount of money in the account initially
(4) 5000, the amount of money in the account after x years
16 The equation for the volume of a cylinder is V πr2h. The positive computations.
value of r, in terms of h and V, is
17 Which equation has the same solutions as x2 6x 7 0?
(1) (x 3)2 2 (3) (x 3)2 16
(2) (x 3)2 2 (4) (x 3)2 16
18 Two functions, y |x 3| and 3x 3y 27, are graphed on the
same set of axes. Which statement is true about the solution to the
system of equations?
(1) (3,0) is the solution to the system because it satisfies the equation
y |x 3|.
(2) (9,0) is the solution to the system because it satisfies the equation
3x 3y 27.
(3) (6,3) is the solution to the system because it satisfies both equations.
Tagged under: classroom,101,instructional,video,lecture,bright,jmt,storm,khanacademy,free,power,polynomials,algebra,guide,tutor,tutorial,tips,trick,-,test,scores,mathtv,mathchannel,prep,college,shortcut,key,ideas,math,mathematicas,cool,doctor,clinic,maths,mathematics,secrets,Guide,Answers,Tricks,Questions,Study,cheat,Algebra,placement,lessons
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes