23 Nancy works for a company that offers two types of savings plans. Plan A is represented on the graph below.
Plan B is represented by the function f(x) = 0.01 + 0.05x^2, where x is the number of weeks. Nancy wants to have the highest savings possible after a year. Nancy picks Plan B. Her decision is
(1) correct, because Plan B is an exponential function and will increase at a faster rate
(2) correct, because Plan B is a quadratic function and will increase at a faster rate
(3) incorrect, because Plan A will have a higher value after 1 year
(4) incorrect, because Plan B is a quadratic function and will increase at a slower rate
Tagged under: Math,Regents,Algebra I,Algebra 1,Tutoring,JuanTutors,JuanTutors.,Juan,Juan Tutors,Savings Plans,Rate Growth,Exponential Functions,Linear Functions,Quadratic Functions
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes