This algebra 1 & 2 video tutorial shows you how to graph absolute value functions with inequalities using transformations from the parent function. This video also shows you how to write the domain and range in interval notation of an absolute value equation. This video contains plenty of examples and practice problems.
Here is a list of topics:
1. Absolute Value Functions Explained
2. Graphing Absolute Value Functions Using a Table of Values
3. How to find the vertex of an absolute value function
4. Determining the axis of symmetry
5. Domain and Range - Using Interval Notation
6. Graphing Absolute Value Functions With Inequalities
7. Solid vs Dashed Lines - Shading in the appropriate region
8. Transformations from Parent Functions - Horizontal Shift, Vertical Translation, Reflection Over X aixs
Tagged under: absolute inequalities,absolute functions,absolute functions graphs,absolute ,functions,graphs,inequalities,equations,transformations,domain range,axis symmetry,algebra 2,algebra 1,vertex,algebra,parent function,graphing,interval notation,table values,table,solid line,dashed line,reflection, axis
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes