English phrases & Expressions to announce death - Free Spoken English lessons
Nobody likes to talk about death and knowing what to say when people die is quite a difficult thing for English Speakers as well as English learners. You may have strong emotions when someone dies but it is important for you to use the right words to announce a death.
Below are the phrases that you can use :-
1. Did you hear about Mr Smith,he passed away. ( You use this phrase when you are not very close to the person who died and you just learnt about his death and have to share it with others)
2. Shane is no longer/no more with us. ( Rather than using strong words like dead or died one can use this phrase)
3. We deeply regret to announce the sad demise of Mr Smith ( Use this for a formal death announcement)
4. He's left us ...( When you don't want to share much details use this phrase)
5. She's gone to a better place ( Refers to Heaven)
6.She bit the dust / He finally kicked the bucket. ( These two phrases are not very polite but can be used to talk about death of an character on T.V)
Tagged under: English lessons,Free English,English lesson,English video,vocabulary,business English,Grammar,learn grammar,English speaking,spoken English,learn English,speak English,speaking English,fluent English,fluency English,English training video,speak fluent English,accent training,American accent,British accent,US accent,UK accent,personality development,words,sentences,public speaking,presentation,soft skills, ,phrases,idioms,listening skills
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes