English phrases to talk about friends & friendship - Spoken English lesson
Blog : http://www.learnex.in/english-lesson-to-learn-english-phrases-about-friendship
This Spoken English lesson is all about English expressions used to describe friends. Since we have so many different kinds of friends, there are several ways to describe them in English. The following English sentences will help us to do so.
Website : http://www.letstalkpodcast.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/letstalkpodcast
1. My best friend and I have been through thick and thin together --- this means that my best friend and I have supported each other through both good times and bad.
For example: My best friend Sam and I have been through thick and thin together.
2. My best friend is such a good laugh------ this means that you really enjoy this friend’s company and that he or she has is able to always lift up your mood.
For example: My best friend Sue is such a good laugh, I always enjoy when she is around.
3. My best friend and I are like brothers from another mother---- this means that even though we are not blood related i.e. we are not siblings we have a great connection and know everything about each other almost as if we are brothers/sisters.
For example: My best friend Peter and I are like brothers from another mother.
4. I can always turn to my friend for advice-----this means that I can always seek help from my friend anytime or I can always rely on him/her.
For example: My friend Jennifer is such a lovely person. I can always turn to her for advice or help.
5. My friend always stands up for me--- this means that my friend always supports me in any kind of situation.
For example: My friend Mark always stands up for me when I am in a difficult situation.
6. I know that my best friend has got my back ---- this means that my best friend will always watch out for me or protect me from any kind of harm.
For example: My best friend Clive has always got my back.
7. My friend’s lips are always sealed--- this means that my friend can keep secrets really well without telling anyone.
For example: My friend John is really good at keeping secrets, his lips are always sealed.
8. He is not a fair weather friend – this means that this person has been my friend even during the bad times in my life and not just during my good days.
For example: John is not a fair weather friend.
9. She is my lifelong buddy – this person has been friends with me for a really long time
For example: I have known her since childhood, she is my lifelong buddy.
10. Me and my friend are joined at the hip--- this means that we are always together and almost inseparable.
For example: My best friend Sam and I are joined at the hip.
Tagged under: English lessons,Free English,English lesson,English video,vocabulary,business English,Grammar,learn grammar,English speaking,spoken English,learn English,speak English,speaking English,fluent English,fluency English,English training video,speak fluent English,accent training,American accent,British accent,US accent,UK accent,personality development,words,sentences,public speaking,presentation,soft skills, ,phrases,idioms,listening skills
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes