Phrases to talk about ‘Driving’ in English - Free English Lesson
This lesson takes you through some essential phrases that you can use when you talk about driving.
1. When you 'indicate' you turn on a flashing light to show that you are going to turn right or left
2. 'Pull out' means to take the car out of a side road or parking space and start driving.
3. 'Drive off' means to drive the car away from a person or place.
4. 'Pull over' means to stop the car at the side of the road.
5. 'Speed up' means to make the car go faster. (increase the speed)
6. 'Slow down' means to make the car go slower (reduce the speed)
7. 'Step on it' means to put your foot hard on the accelerator and make the car go very fast.
8. 'Slam the brakes on' means to put your foot hard on the brakes and make the car slow down a lot or stop.
9. 'Have a near miss' is when you nearly have an accident with another vehicle.
10. When you 'get pulled over' the police stop your car - because you did something wrong.
Tagged under: English lessons,Free English,English lesson,English video,vocabulary,business English,Grammar,learn grammar,English speaking,spoken English,learn English,speak English,speaking English,fluent English,fluency English,English training video,speak fluent English,accent training,American accent,British accent,US accent,UK accent,personality development,words,sentences,public speaking,presentation,soft skills, ,phrases,idioms,listening skills
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes