Teen Slang Words - Free English Lesson
Slang is a kind of language consisting of informal words and phrases. These days most of the teens do use a lot of slang which adults are not aware of. Also these slang words are more common is speech than in writing. Here is a list of some slang words which is generally used by the teens.
1. Ace – Someone or something very skillful or someone who is really good at something.
Example - The concert was ace.
2. Blast – A great experience
Example – The trip was really, we girls had a blast.
3. Cheesy/ Cheesey – Something of very low quality, not stylish or tasteful.
Example – The motel rooms were quite cheesy.
4. Dork – A socially awkward or inept person, who has very odd interests and who does not really care about what anyone thinks.
Example – John can be a real dork at most of the parties.
5. Goof off / Goof around – Waste time and play around in a very silly manner.
Example – The boys were all goofing around after the school hours.
6. Hang out – To spend time with someone aimlessly
Example – How I wish she stops hanging out with those crazy boys of her college.
7. Hickey – A mark on the face or neck caused while making love. Also known as love bite.
Example - It seems you had a great time, I see a hickey around your neck.
8. Janky – Something which is very old or of inferior quality.
Example - I hate driving my sister’s janky car.
9. Make-out - To hug / kiss and to engage in sexual activity.
Example – i saw her making out on the couch last night at the party.
10. Zit – Pimple (they always seem to appear right before a big party, or a special date or family reunion. Girls hate it. )
Example - Got up this morning with a zit on my face.
11. Zonked out – Exhausted or feeling very tired. It also means to be very drunk.
Example – He seems to be quite zonked out.
13) It sucks / that sucks – Something that is worthless or disgusting. It is also the most sincere expression of sympathy.
Example – I failed my exam. Oh, that really sucks!
This meat totally sucks.
14) Blitzed – To be very drunk
The girls seem to be pretty blitzed right now.
Tagged under: English lessons,Free English,English lesson,English video,vocabulary,business English,Grammar,learn grammar,English speaking,spoken English,learn English,speak English,speaking English,fluent English,fluency English,English training video,speak fluent English,accent training,American accent,British accent,US accent,UK accent,personality development,words,sentences,public speaking,presentation,soft skills, ,phrases,idioms,listening skills
Find more lesson plans like this:0.2 miles in Feet: How-to & Steps
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes