Original Water Balz video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fGdOPyWi4Y
Water Ballz Part 2 Invisible here!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPK2m0qRZx4
And of course the Water Balz Time Lapse Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tda_qGXFa-8
Water Balz Video Smashed Frozen and Squashed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_5CBB4u9zg
Buy it here: http://www.incrediblescience.com/edible-water-balls.html
Find us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/IncredibleScienceToy
Follow us on Instragram; http://instagram.com/incrediblescience
1) Bowl #1 - Add 4 cups of water and 1 teaspoon of food grade Sodium Alginate.
2) Mix it well with a hand blender for 2-3 minutes and let it sit for at least an hour or even a few hours...Wait for all the bubbles to be gone and it's a clear liquid.
3) Bowl #2 - Add 2 cups of water and 1/2 teaspoon of Calcium Chloride and mix until it's dissolved. (should take a few minutes.)
4) If you want to add flavor and/or color you can add flavoring or food coloring to the calcium chloride mixture (bowl#2)
5) Bowl #3 - Fill up a bowl with water
6) Fill ice cubes or water ball mold with Calcium Chloride mix and add food coloring or flavoring if you want.
7) Freeze it
8) Take ice cube or ice ball and place it into Sodium Alginate bowl (Bowl #1) and GENTLY use a spoon to cover the entire ball with the liquid. Try not to move the ice ball too much and make sure you leave it in for a few minutes so that it has time to form a covering around the ice ball.
9) After a few minutes, gently take it out and place it in the water bowl.
10) Wait for ice ball to dissolve and you can then take the water ball out and eat/drink it.
Tagged under: edible water balz,water balz,edible water bottle,edible polymer ball,water balls,polymer balls
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes