The difference between ‘of ‘and ‘off’ – Free Spoken English Lessons
Take a quiz : http://www.learnex.in/the-difference-between-of-and-off
A lot of people get confused when they have to use the two words ‘of’ and ‘off’. Though they sound the same, but their usage is very different. They cannot be used interchangeably.
Of: shows connection
1. The hat is made of cotton.
2. I eat a handful of nuts.(shows an amount/quantity)
3. Sarah is a friend of Mary.(shows the relationship between the two)
4. John is born on 1st of May.(connects the date and month)
5. He gave her a ring of diamonds.(consisting)
Off: always shows disconnection
1. Take off your hat. (remove your hat)
2. Stay off nuts for a few months. (stay away)
3. She always runs off without saying goodbye. (run away from a place)
4. His birthday is a long way off. (far away from today)
5. The wedding is called off. (cancelled)
Tagged under: English lessons,Free English,English lesson,English video,vocabulary,business English,Grammar,learn grammar,English speaking,spoken English,learn English,speak English,speaking English,fluent English,fluency English,English training video,speak fluent English,accent training,American accent,British accent,US accent,UK accent,personality development,words,sentences,public speaking,presentation,soft skills, ,phrases,idioms,listening skills
Find more lesson plans like this:9th Grade English Vocabulary Words
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes