24 The 2014 winner of the Boston Marathon runs as many as 120 miles per week. During the last few weeks of his training for an event, his mileage can be modeled by M(w) = 120(.90)w - 1, where w represents the number of weeks since training began. Which statement is true about the model M(w)?
(1) The number of miles he runs will increase by 90% each week.
(2) The number of miles he runs will be 10% of the previous week.
(3) M(w) represents the total mileage run in a given week.
(4) w represents the number of weeks left until his marathon.
Tagged under: Math,Regents,Algebra I,Algebra 1,Tutoring,JuanTutors,JuanTutors.,Juan,Juan Tutors,Mathematical Modeling,Linear Trend,Exponential Trend,Percent Growth,Percent Decay
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes