Skillopedia - How to ask your boss for a salary raise? - Improve our communication skills
Blog : http://www.learnex.in/learn-4-tips-asking-your-boss-for-a-salary-raise
In this Skillopedia session you will learn how to speak to your boss for a salary raise. It takes a great deal of maturity to approach your boss for a promotion or for an increment. Before approaching your boss it's important to do your homework well. In this Business English lesson you will learn some tips and etiquette in order to ask for a promotion or for a raise in your salary.
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/skillopediaone
Website : http://www.letstalkpodcast.com
1) Be subtle in tone - One should keep in mind that being subtle is ideal. Instead of asking directly for the much awaited promotion you can ask for more work or responsibilities. This would show you dedication towards the company and also your willingness to work hard in order to achieve the company's goals and objectives.
When you are doing so please make sure to be polite and respectful towards your boss.
2) Go loud about your work - Talk professionally about the things you have done and how you have managed your job profile well. You need to talk about your achievements. Assemble all your strength and your contributions towards the company's success and put it forward in front of your boss.
3) Never badmouth your co-workers - One needs to understand that badmouthing about your co-workers is not going to leave a good impression about you in front of your boss neither will it not reflect well on your personality. Rather than badmouthing others talk about being a team player. A good team player is always an asset to the company.
4) Stop Cribbing - Your words play an important role when you ask for a promotion or a raise. Therefore never crib or complain about your job to anybody. Things that you need to avoid saying are - " I have been slogging for years now" or " My co-workers are better paid than me" Be positive and talk about the good things in your job that would be appreciated by your boss.
Brush up your English communication skills and use these tips to have a successful outcome.
Tagged under: salary raise,business skills,communication skills,personality development,life skills,interpersonal skills,soft skills,business English,improve speaking, confident,develop confidence,office ethics,office etiquette,etiquette manners,English lessons,niharika lessons,skillopedia,letstalkpodcast,lets talk
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes