Vocabulary to talk about an Earthquake in English - Free Spoken English Lesson
Blog : http://www.learnex.in
Website : http://www.letstalkpodcast.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/letstalkpodcast
youtube : http://www.youtube.com/learnexmumbai
In this lesson we will learn about the natural calamity, "Earthquake". An earthquake is a result of sudden release of energy from the earth's crust that creates seismic waves. That's when the ground shakes violently and typically causes destruction. With the recent Nepal's devastating earthquake in this lesson we will learn some vocabulary related to this nerve taking calamity.
1) Richter Magnitude Scale - The energy released by an earthquake is measured on a Richter scale. It is a logarithmic scale.
2) Mainshock - It is the largest earthquake in a sequence.
3) Aftershocks - An aftershock is a smaller earthquake that occurs after a previous large earthquake, in the same area of the main shock
4) Seismograph - A seismograph is an instrument used to measure and record the vibrations of an earthquake.
5) Seismologist - A scientist who studies Earthquakes.
6) Drop - Cover - Hold on - One should know how to beat the earthquake. It is better to be safe and be prepared on how to respond if an earthquake occurs.
What are the effects of an earthquake:-
- Buildings and Bridges Collapse
-The gas,electric and phone services are disrupted
-Triggers landslides, Avalanches , Tsunamis
Descriptive words to discuss about an Earthquake :
Disastrous - Causes a lot of damage
Devastating - Highly destructive
Catastrophic - Disastrous event
Horrifying - An even that leaves you terrified
Tagged under: English lessons,Free English,English lesson,English video,vocabulary,business English,Grammar,learn grammar,English speaking,spoken English,learn English,speak English,speaking English,fluent English,fluency English,English training video,speak fluent English,accent training,American accent,British accent,US accent,UK accent,personality development,words,sentences,public speaking,presentation,soft skills, ,phrases,idioms,listening skills
Find more lesson plans like this:3rd Grade Vocabulary Words
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes