THE MAGIC SCHOOL BUS: OCEANS
• Based on the Scholastic book "The Magic School Bus: On The Ocean Floor" by Joanna Cole and illustrated by Bruce Degen
• Age 4 and up / $7.99 U.S. only for full app; Lite Version also available. Both can be downloaded from the iTunes app store: http://www.itunes.com/appstore
• The app takes readers on a wild ride with Ms. Frizzle's class -- a field trip to the bottom of the ocean. The app embodies the "open exploration" essence of The Magic School Bus brand, which encourages kids to "take chances, make mistakes...and get messy!" The app takes advanced facts from the book and brings them to life so kids can manipulate variables, and see cause-and-effect in action
• "Touch & Tilt" animated interactions make it easy for children to engage with the story. Touch the words to hear the story and then touch again to pause and touch speech bubbles to hear what characters are saying. Within seven interactive science explorations, touch characters, animals or objects for fun animations and to see science concepts come to life. Tilt to find underwater bubbles that grant access to 26 real photos and 11 videos of underwater animals and plant life
• Narration & Music: Features over 20 individual voices, as well as original music and sound effects
• Game: Features one highly re-playable game with more than 20 animals; children play to earn points for more science facts, and to travel to other areas of the ocean
• Includes hundreds of facts about underwater life
• Individual words are highlighted as they are read aloud, to aid reading skills. Options allow independent readers to turn off music and narration, access mini-games and go to specific pages in the story.
Tagged under: ipad,apps,scholastic,storybook,animated book,ebook,-book,digital book,kids technology
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes