On a dry lakebed in Nevada, a group of friends build the first scale model of the solar system with complete planetary orbits: a true illustration of our place in the universe.
A film by Wylie Overstreet and Alex Gorosh
Feel like supporting more films like this? Consider becoming a Patron:
Watch in Russian:
Help us caption & translate this short film:
Copyright (C) 2015
Tagged under: Scale,Science,Solar System (Star System),Astronomy (Field Of Study)
1. What is the closest planet to the Sun? (00:02:47)
2. Are the planets spaced evenly apart? (00:03:10)
3. Name one "Outer Planet" (00:03:36)
4. What is one observation from this image, or from the past few minutes about our Solar System? (00:04:36)
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes