Learn English - Slang words to express disappointment. (Advanced English Lesson)
Blog : http://www.learnex.in/slang-words-to-express-disappointment/
In this spoken English lesson you will learn to use slang words to express disappointment & sadness. Disappointment is not an easy thing to face, and expressing sadness or dissatisfaction is all the more difficult. Most of the times you don't want to mention any details so to cut it short use the slang terms below related to sadness and disappointment.
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/letstalkpodcast
Web : http://www.letstalkpodcast.com
Youtube : http://www.youtube.com/learnexmumbai
1) Bummer / Bummer Days - Something that depresses or disappoints you is a bummer or any unpleasant situation or disappointing experience you face for couple of days are called as bummer days.
Example - I have been sick all week,bummer days!
Example - Getting stranded at the airport was a real bummer.
2) Boohoo - An exclamation to represent the sound of someone crying noisily or sobbing.
Example - Boohoo,nobody loves me!
3) In a funk - To be sad
Example - I'm in a funk today.
4) Burst one's bubble - To be disappointed because of something.
Example - We had planned to go for camping but the rain burst our bubble.
5) Soul sucking - Depressing
Example - I need a break from the soul sucking job.
6) In the dumps - Feeling sad or depressed
Example - He's been in the dumps since she dumped him for another guy.
7) Butt-hurt - to be upset , usually by a friendly insult
Example - I was just kidding,don't get butt-hurt.
8) Depressica - Refers to a female who is depressed over a guy
Example - Mary has been a depressica after she broke up with John.
Tagged under: English lessons,Free English,English lesson,English video,vocabulary,business English,Grammar,learn grammar,English speaking,spoken English,learn English,speak English,speaking English,fluent English,fluency English,English training video,speak fluent English,accent training,American accent,British accent,US accent,UK accent,personality development,words,sentences,public speaking,presentation,soft skills, ,phrases,idioms,listening skills
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes