Learn English - 06 Heart expressions in English which are not romantic. ( English Vocabulary Lesson)
The most important organ of our body is heart. In English, there are expressions using the word heart however they are not romantic expressions. These expressions can be used in your daily conversation. So let's learn Idioms and expressions using the noun 'heart' in this Spoken English lesson.
1) In a heart beat - Something that you do immediately without thinking much.
Example - If I get a good offer I will quit this job in a heartbeat.
2) Heart of Stone - Someone who is stern and cruel in nature.
Example - The man who ran over that dog has a heart of stone.
3) Pour one's heart out - to share your secret feelings and worries, usually because you feel a strong need to talk about the same.
Example - I just met her for the first time and she poured her heart out to me.
4) From the bottom of one's heart - With sincere feeling.
Example - We would like to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all your help during our stay.
5) Heart skips/misses a beat - When someone is suddenly surprised,excited or frightened
Example - When the lion appeared in front of us, my heart skipped a beat
6) Young at heart - To have youthful outlook, especially in spite of one's age.
Example - My grandfather is very young at heart.
Enjoy these Heart idioms and use them in your daily conversations.
Tagged under: English lessons,Free English,English lesson,English video,vocabulary,business English,Grammar,learn grammar,English speaking,spoken English,learn English,speak English,speaking English,fluent English,fluency English,English training video,speak fluent English,accent training,American accent,British accent,US accent,UK accent,personality development,words,sentences,public speaking,presentation,soft skills, ,phrases,idioms,listening skills
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes