1. What percentage of the human population has been added during the speaker's lifetime? (00:04:09)
2. a) What Asian country, which has recently grown in population from 50 to 150 million, is being looked at here?
b) What is the new slogan here that represents the dramatic cultural shift that is going on here? (00:05:33)
3. How has the average fertility rate changed in Bangledesh over the last 40 years? (00:08:51)
4. What was the average number of babies per woman in 1963 worldwide? (00:10:04)
5. What is the average number of babies born per woman today? (00:11:03)
6. What is the estimated human population at the time of the Agricultural Revolution, 10,000 years ago? (00:02:54)
7. a) When did the human population hit 1 billion?
b) What "revolution" sparked the sudden drastic increase in the human population growth rate? (00:03:44)
8. What does the speaker believe is one of the most important things that has happened in his lifetime, which is "unprecedented in human history"? (00:14:54)
9. What is the main factor in Bangladesh and elsewhere that has encouraged people to have fewer children? (00:19:09)
10. What is the main reason that the human population started to grow rapidly after the Industrial Revolution? (00:21:06)
11. a) At what number, roughly, is the human population expected to level off by the end of the century?
b) What does the speaker say is special about the year 2000? In other words, what does he mean by "peak child"? (00:23:07)
12. Briefly explain why the speaker asserts that the human population is inevitably going to grow to 11 billion? ; in other words, that it is not going to level off at 8 or 9 or 10 billion. (00:26:15)
13. a) the current "pin code"
b) the projected "pin code" for 2050
c) the projected "pin code" for 2100 (00:28:25)
14. Average income for
a) the poorest billion
b) the middle billion
c) the richest billion (00:39:53)
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes