06 Phrases men should not say to a woman – Advanced Spoken English lesson to speak English fluently & confidently
Learn English with Let’s Talk Academy’s YouTube channel. Subscribe to our channel and get daily free English lessons related to spoken English conversation, English Grammar, Vocabulary, Improving English pronunciation, Clearing the IELTS exam with great score and many more topics to improve your English speaking skills. Subscribe and stay tuned.
Like us on Facebook -
Follow us on Instagram
Watch the most liked lessons -
14 Wrongly pronounced food names in English -
Different ways to say "I'll call you back" - Telephone English -
Describing your Job - English conversation practice -
Visit our Website -
Hey subscribers a new English lesson for you from Niharika to learn phrases or vocabulary Men should drop while speaking to women. There are certain things that men say, maybe a word or a passing spoken English comment, something relatively harmless but it might set a woman off which means either she would be offended or it may turn her into a lady dragon. If you work with women or deal with them on daily basis then you should know the things which you should not say it to them.
1. Talking about their weight - Are you really going to eat all that? Do not target a woman's eating habits as these habits are directly related to their weight. Your girlfriend or wife or woman colleague is by definition as light as a feather. SO never speak about how fat or chubby or obese they are and also avoid the food topic altogether. Eating is pretty much an emotional business for women.
2. Before or After pregnancy remarks - Pregnancy is the best thing that happens to a woman so be careful about the comments that you pass. People tend to say "you look huge" or after the woman is back to work after her maternity leave people tend to say " Would you be able to handle your work now that you are a mom". Of course yes she just had a baby not a brain surgery and she is just as capable as before.
3. You remind me of my mother - Comparing her to your mother or any other woman is a big no no .Yes, you do adore your mom but doesn't mean you start comparing her with the women you meet in your life. Woman want their own independent identity so keep the comparing to yourself.
4. How old are you? - It is impolite to ask a woman's age. Women are very sensitive about their age. I isn't impolite if you follow it up with, "but you don't look a day over 20!" even if they look like an old raisin.
5.Is this your time of the month? - Talking about a woman's menstrual cycle is considered to be impolite. Even if it is you are not supposed to mention it. Your role is to pretend that the menstrual cycle has no effect on her tendency to burst into tears for no reason whatsoever.
6. Using Profanity - Using profanity is the worst thing you can do. Words like bitch, whore, slut mentioned by you with any kind of intent means you are pulling the pin out of a grenade. Also passing sexual remarks is not considered to be polite.
Make sure you understand these 6 points and never ever mention is to any woman you come across in your life especially if you want to live a happy life.
Tagged under: English lessons,Free English,English lesson,English video,vocabulary,business English,Grammar,learn grammar,English speaking,spoken English,learn English,speak English,speaking English,fluent English,fluency English,English training video,speak fluent English,accent training,American accent,British accent,US accent,UK accent,personality development,words,sentences,public speaking,presentation,soft skills, ,phrases,idioms,listening skills
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes