Recorded during a live event, Destination Station forum is the second in a series of interactive panel discussions about the International Space Station and how technologies are tested aboard the orbiting laboratory. Thousands of investigations have been performed on the space station, and although they provide benefits to people on Earth, they also prepare NASA to send humans farther into the solar system than ever before. The production occurred at the Davidson Center for Space Exploration theater at the Space & Rocket Center – the official visitor information center for NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center.
Forum panelists and exhibits focused on space station environmental and life support systems; 3-D printing; Space Communications and Navigation (SCaN) systems; and Synchronized Position Hold, Engage, Reorient, Experimental Satellites (SPHERES).
The forum's panelists are:
- Jeffrey Sheehy, senior technologist in NASA's Space Technology Mission Directorate
- Robyn Gatens, manager for space station System and Technology Demonstration, and Environmental Control Life Support System expert
- Jose Benavides, SPHERES chief engineer
- Rich Reinhart, principal investigator for the SCaN Testbed
- Niki Werkeiser, project manager for the space station 3-D printer
Tagged under: NASA,Destination Station,Technology Demonstration,ISS,International Space Station
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes