Hofstede's cultural dimensions theory is a framework for cross-cultural communication, developed by Geert Hofstede. It describes the effects of a society's culture on the values of its members, and how these values relate to behavior, using a structure derived from factor analysis.
Tagged under: Geert Hofstede (Academic),Culture (Website Category),Hofstede' Cultural Dimensions Theory,Hofstede' Cultural Dimensions,Six Different Types Hoftede' Dimension,Power Distance:,Individualism . Collectivism:,Masculinity . Femininity,Uncertainty Avoidance:,Long-term . Short-term Orientation:
1. Why does the speaker compare dogs to Hofstede's Cultural Dimension Theory? (00:00:43)
2. What is power distance? (00:01:04)
3. What is individualism vs. collectivism? (00:01:18)
4. How do you feel about the descriptions of masculinity and femininity in different cultures? (00:01:37)
5. How comfortable do you feel with uncertainty and ambiguity? (00:01:47)
6. Do you see the world through a long-term or short-term orientation? Why do you think this is so? (00:02:05)
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes