Check out us at:http://chemistry.tutorvista.com/inorganic-chemistry/metals-non-metals-metalloids.html
Physical Properties of Metals
Let, discuss physical properties:
1. In physical property metals contains lustrous surface and can polished.
2. Metals are solid and heavy, even though sodium, potassium, magnesium, aluminium etc. are comparatively lighter metals.
3. Most metals are hard and cannot be cut with knife.
4. Metals are excellent conductor of warm and electricity.
5. Most metals are ductile and malleable and sheets can be obtained.
6. Melting points and boiling points of metals are very high.
7. They produce sounding noise when collide.
8. Alloys of different properties can be prepared by mixing one metal into other.
These are about physical properties.
Please like our facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/tutorvista Follow us at: https://plus.google.com/+tutorvista/
Tagged under: Physical Properties Metals,Metal Physical Properties
1. Do you recall the difference between a physical and chemical property?
2. Physical properties can be observed or measured without changing the composition of matter. Physical properties are used to observe and describe matter. Physical properties include: appearance, texture, color, odor, melting point, boiling point, density, solubility, polarity, and many others (00:00:10)
3. Can you think of a metal that is not solid at room temperature? (00:00:25)
4. Hmmm, i always thought that all metals were hard. A metal cutting a metal (00:00:55)
5. Lustre - what we call shininess or young folks call "bling" (00:01:14)
6. Can you think of a way, how this property is useful to humans? (00:02:49)
7. What is the name of the nonmetal that you have learnt which can conduct electricity? (00:03:21)
8. Does this look familiar? (00:03:53)
9. what is the density range of light metals?
Remember its units grams/cubiccentimetre (00:04:33)
10. Heavy metals have a density greater than
11. Metals are sonorous- Can you think of applications of this? (00:05:24)
12. Ok. Use your google doc and post to the classroom folder (00:05:35)
13. At this point open up the google doc. You can find this in the google classroom folder. All notes should be taken on this document. (00:00:02)
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes