07 Handy Colour Idioms - English Vocabulary Lesson
Blog : http://www.learnex.in
Website : http://www.letstalkpodcast.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/letstalkpodcast
youtube : http://www.youtube.com/learnexmumbai
Life is colorful and in English we have idioms related to colors that will brighten your English speaking skills.They are fun to learn and easy to use.
1) Born with a silver spoon - Someone who is born in a rich family. Has all the wealth and privilege.
Example - John can afford to go to the medical college,he was born with a silver spoon.
2) To catch someone red handed - To catch someone doing something wrong or illegal or private.
Example - I think her boy friend is cheating on,so she is planning to follow him and catch him red handed.
3) White lie - Innocent lie to protect another person's feelings.
Example - We told Sharon that her chicken pie was delicious,which was actually a white lie.
4) Tickled pink - To be very pleased or delighted by someone or something.
Example - I was tickled pink to receive flowers from my husband.
5) Yellow bellied - Someone who is extremely timid or coward
Ron is yellow bellied and is never willing to fight for what is right.
6) Talk a blue streak - To talk too much and rapidly
Example - She talked a blue streak all night long.
7) Black sheep of a family - A person who is a disgrace to a family or a group.
Example - Sam is a black sheep of the family.
Tagged under: English lessons,Free English,English lesson,English video,vocabulary,business English,Grammar,learn grammar,English speaking,spoken English,learn English,speak English,speaking English,fluent English,fluency English,English training video,speak fluent English,accent training,American accent,British accent,US accent,UK accent,personality development,words,sentences,public speaking,presentation,soft skills, ,phrases,idioms,listening skills
Find more lesson plans like this:0.2 miles in Feet: How-to & Steps
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes