Sounds travels at different speeds in different media. Created by David SantoPietro.
Watch the next lesson: https://www.khanacademy.org/science/physics/mechanical-waves-and-sound/sound-topic/v/mach-numbers?utm_source=YT&utm_medium=Desc&utm_campaign=physics
Missed the previous lesson? https://www.khanacademy.org/science/physics/mechanical-waves-and-sound/sound-topic/v/speed-of-sound?utm_source=YT&utm_medium=Desc&utm_campaign=physics
Physics on Khan Academy: Physics is the study of the basic principles that govern the physical world around us. We'll start by looking at motion itself. Then, we'll learn about forces, momentum, energy, and other concepts in lots of different physical situations. To get the most out of physics, you'll need a solid understanding of algebra and a basic understanding of trigonometry.
About Khan Academy: Khan Academy offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study at their own pace in and outside of the classroom. We tackle math, science, computer programming, history, art history, economics, and more. Our math missions guide learners from kindergarten to calculus using state-of-the-art, adaptive technology that identifies strengths and learning gaps. We've also partnered with institutions like NASA, The Museum of Modern Art, The California Academy of Sciences, and MIT to offer specialized content.
For free. For everyone. Forever. #YouCanLearnAnything
Subscribe to Khan Academy’s Physics channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0oGarQW2lE5PxhGoQAKV7Q?sub_confirmation=1
Subscribe to Khan Academy: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=khanacademy
Tagged under: Speed sound,bulk modulus,density,sound
Based off of what you learned last week, can you recall what a "medium" is when we are discussing a wave? (00:00:00)
2. Check out the particles of the wave as the speaker is making sound. Why do you think they're changing? (00:00:07)
3. The stiffer the medium = the .... (00:00:21)
4. Why do you think the molecules act like this when there is a stiffer medium? (00:00:28)
5. Pair shair with your shoulder partner:
What is your schema to the word "density". (00:00:35)
6. What do you think? Does sound travel faster through iron or slower? Share with your shoulder partner! (00:01:53)
7. Which of the following do you THINK sound travels the quickest in? (00:00:02)
8. Make a connection to what we learned in the last unit to what was just described. How do you believe the energy within the air changes how quickly sound can travel? (00:03:04)
9. Share with your shoulder partner three things you learned in this video! (00:03:18)
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes