Check out the Tortoise and the Hare Song from the new Sing, Read & Learn: The Tortoise and the Hare App. Now available on the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sing-read-learn-tortoise-hare/id642666590?mt=8
A user review: "... wanted to pop in and tell you how much my son loves the Hare and the tortoise app for his iPad we probably watch it about 5 times a day
He has so much fun with the flash cards, really impressed his grandparents ( he's 2 and a half ) with his expanding vocabulary"
Sing, Read & Learn is created in partnership between Cambridge English Online Ltd. (Winners of the English Speaking Union President's Award 2011) and DreamEnglish.com (almost 70 million YouTube song views and counting!). This 'big screen' app can be used at home, at school... in fact you can take our stories and songs with you wherever you go.
- The 'Slow and Steady' animated song video -- The Tortoise and the Hare becomes a toe-tapping, sing-along tune. Watch those two guys go!
- A Musical Tale -- The Tortoise and the Hare narrated (Long Play) story video is brought to life with music (in the Peter and the Wolf style).
- Your Story - flip through the beautifully-illustrated pages and either listen to or read the story yourself. Great for bedtimes too!
- Share your story - help your children read the story and practise recording themselves. You can send the files to friends or family members too-they'll be excited to hear it!
- Flash cards (with audio) - help children learn and practise new words to really understand the vocabulary in the story.
- Word Quiz - race against the clock to practise reading and matching the words.
- Teaching Tips - over 30 creative activities and ideas for teachers, parents or carers to help children learn, have fun, and get the most out of this app.
- Great for helping to develop literacy/learning English.
Tagged under: tortoise hare,ipad app,animation,cartoon,dreamenglish,matt
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes