With a few basic search strategies, you can find almost anything online. It doesn't matter if you're using Google, Yahoo!, Bing, or some other type of search engine; most of the techniques in this video are universal. Take a look, and find out how you can improve your web search skills.
Watch the video to learn about searching online.
If you are interested in learning more about this topic, please visit our site at http://www.gcflearnfree.org/ to view the entire tutorial on our website. It includes instructional text, informational graphics, examples, and even interactives for you to practice and apply what you've learned.
Tagged under: video ,video ,video tutorial,search strategies,search ,Google,Yahoo,Bing,search engine,improve web search skills,search tutorial,search ,searching online,searching Internet
1. Compared to other Search Engines, Why do you prefer Google? (00:00:00)
2. Give me an example when you were searching for topics on Google and found what you were looking for from the dropdown menu? (00:00:54)
3. Can you place a space between the "-" and word and still get the same results? -Chocolate vs - Chocolate (00:01:48)
4. Compared to using descriptive words alone, how does using quotation marks around words streamline your search in Google? (00:02:20)
5. Have you ever baked your own cookies? (00:03:16)
6. What is your favorite kind of cookie? (00:03:29)
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes