This chemistry video tutorial discusses the different types of chemical reactions that you need to know such as combination reactions, synthesis and decomposition reactions, combustion, single replacement and double displacement reactions including precipitation, strong acid base neutralization, gas evolution, and redox reactions. This video contains plenty of examples and practice problems to help you on your next upcoming worksheet assignment / quiz.
Here is a list of topics:
1. Combination Reactions - Metal and Nonmetal to form an ionic compound.
Mg+N2=Mg3N2, Ca+O2=CaO, Al+Br2=AlBr3
2. Redox Reactions - Oxidation vs Reduction - Identifying the Oxidizing and Reducing Agents
3. Synthesis Reactions - Acidic and Basic Anhydrides
4. Metal Oxides & Bases vs Nonmetal Oxides and Acids
5. CaO+H2O=Ca(OH)2, SO2+H2O=H2SO3, CO2+H2O=H2CO3
6. Balancing Decomposition Reactions
7. H2O=H2+O2 Using Electricity
8. HgO=Hg+O2, CaCO3=CaO+CO2, Ca(OH)2=CaO+H2O
9. H2CO3=H2O+CO2, H2SO4=SO3+H2O
10. How To Balance Combustion Reactions
11. Predicting the products of combustion reactions of alkanes
12. CH4+O2=CO2+H2O, C2H6+O2=CO2+H2O, C2H5OH+O2=CO2+H2O
13. Single Replacement Reactions and Redox - Activity Series
14. Identifying the oxidizing and reducing agents
15. Al+CuCl2=AlCl3+Cu, Zn+HCl=ZnCl2+H2, Br2+NaI=NaBr+I2
16. Predicting The Products of a Single Displacement Reaction
17. Writing The Net Ionic Equation For a Single Replacement Reaction.
18. Double Replacement Reactions and Precipitation
20. Precipitation, Solubility Rules, Spectator Ions and Net Ionic Equations
21. Strong Acid Strong Base Neutralization Reactions - Salt and Water Products
22. H2SO4+NaOH=H2O+Na2SO4, HF+KOH=KF+H2O
23. Weak Acid Strong Base Neutralization Reaction - Net Ionic Equation
24. Gas Evolution Reactions - Double Replacement and Decomposition
Tagged under: chemical reactions,combination reactions,chemistry,decomposition reaction,examples,synthesis,combusion reaction alkanes,combustion reactions,single replacement reactions,double replacement reactions,types chemical reactions,single displacement reactions,double displacement reactions,net ionic equations,acid base neutralization reaction,gas evolution reactions,precipitation reactions,solubility rules,activity series,ionic compound,redox reactions
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes