In this pre-algebra/grade 7 math lesson, I solve a variety of integer problems:
(1) Find the average of temperatures (some positive, some negative),
(2) A few integer arithmetic problems,
(3) An example of someone earning and spending money - what is the final balance? I solve this by writing an addition/subtraction expression, and then changing it into an addition of several integers.
The second part of this lesson is at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zleUdupOsC8
Learn more pre-algebra with Math Mammoth Grade 7 Curriculum at http://www.mathmammoth.com/complete/grade_7.php - available as an instant download and as printed copies. Check out the free samples also!
Tagged under: Integer,Mathematics (Field Of Study),average,addition integers
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes