Subscribe to the Podcast: http://goo.gl/CemLaj
Brady and Grey discuss: copyright and the Parliament, the inevitable and unavoidable *Guns, Germs, and Steel* follow-up, further travels of Brady, bi-something weigh in, and video games.
## Brought to You By
Harry's: Quality Men's Shaving Products. Promocode HI for $5 off your first purchase: https://www.harrys.com/?hellointernetpodcast
Backblaze: Online backup for $5/month: http://www.backblaze.com/hellointernet
Squarespace: Use code HELLO for 10% off your website: http://www.squarespace.com/hellointernet
Listeners like YOU on Patreon: http://www.patreon.com/hellointernet
## Show Notes
**Discuss this episode on the reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/cgpgrey**
Guns, Germs, and Steel assorted links:
- GG&S Discussion Thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/CGPGrey/comments/438ib1/hi_56_guns_germs_and_steel/
- Grey's conversation with mmilosh: https://www.reddit.com/r/CGPGrey/comments/438ib1/hi_56_guns_germs_and_steel/czgdxm1
- Assorted Bad History Discussions:
- Inaccuracies of Grey: A Disease-Free Paradise and Immune Europeans: https://www.reddit.com/r/badhistory/comments/3umg7b/inaccuracies_of_grey_a_diseasefree_paradise_and/?
- Grey Germs and Generalization: https://www.reddit.com/r/badhistory/comments/44gk0i/grey_germs_and_generalization/?
- Wondering Wednesday "What's the point?": https://www.reddit.com/r/badhistory/comments/43yqcc/wondering_wednesday_whats_the_point/?
This Video Will Make You Angry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE3j_RHkqJc
Grey Twitches: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7valIB1hxA
Professors React to 2048 - Numberphile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00Qu1kgsGpM
LCD Donkey Kong: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpgB1fSigQo
Brady's History with video games: http://www.bradyharanblog.com/blog/2016/3/4/video-games
The Amazing Graphics of Pole Position for the Atari 2600: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2jLrNYzyr8
Myst Walkthrough: https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=ab3nitwX-vE
Greenwich Foot Tunnel: https://www.flickr.com/photos/cgpgrey/4888040757/
Year Walk: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/year-walk/id555916407?mt=8&uo=4&at=11l5Fy
Tagged under: CGP Grey,Brady Haran,Hello Internet,Podcast
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes