Welcome to Clip from Spiral

Video lesson plan for: Vocab: world leaders, charity, urgent action, narrow the gap, global elite

21st Century Population Migration in a New World

* Whiteboard required ** This activity is teacher paced

Words in the News (21th January 2015): Are the rich winning? For vocabulary and exercises: http://www.bbc.co.uk/learningenglish/english/features/witn/ep-150121 Transcript The rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer. That's what world leaders who are gathering for the start of the World Economic Forum are being told this week. The charity Oxfam says that by 2015, 50% of the world's wealth will be owned by the richest 1% of the population. They say urgent action is needed to narrow the gap between the global elite and the other 99%. Vocabulary world leaders presidents, prime ministers and other important people charity an organisation that helps people in need urgent action serious steps that need to be taken to solve a problem narrow the gap to bring two things closer together global elite the small group of people with the most power and money around the world

Tagged under: education,bbc,speak,video,native English speaker,BBC,English lesson,teach,language,masterclass,英語,อังกฤษ,tutorial,​,official,anh,elt,native,Education (TV Genre),Inglé,Global Elite,authentic english,language lesson,money,ELT,natural,news,speaking native,english,lesson plan,Official BBC,Inglê,learning,الإنجليزية,poor,british,영어,lesson planning,rich,English,lesson,British Broadcasting Corporation,English ,BBC masterclass,World Leaders,conversational

Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.

Play this activity

Share on:

Share Vocab: world leaders, charity, urgent action, narrow the gap, global elite on Google+ Share Vocab: world leaders, charity, urgent action, narrow the gap, global elite on Twitter Share Vocab: world leaders, charity, urgent action, narrow the gap, global elite on Facebook Pin Vocab: world leaders, charity, urgent action, narrow the gap, global elite Email Vocab: world leaders, charity, urgent action, narrow the gap, global elite
1
Students enter a simple code
2
You play the video
3
The students comment
4
You review and reflect
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip

Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson microteaching plans

Sign up
Ready to see what else Spiral logo can do?

With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.

Quickfire
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Discuss
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Team Up
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Clip
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes
1000s of teachers use Spiral to deliver awesome, engaging activities that capture students' understanding during lessons. Now it's your turn
Sign up
Spiral Reviews by Teachers and Digital Learning Coaches
Spiral
Review of Spiral by teacher: Kathryn Laster @kklaster

Tried out the canvas response option on @SpiralEducation & it's so awesome! Add text or drawings AND annotate an image! #R10tech

Spiral
Review of Spiral by teacher: Room 220 Math Stars @3rdgradeBCE

Using @SpiralEducation in class for math review. Student approved! Thumbs up! Thanks.

Spiral
Review of Spiral by teacher: Miss Ord @ordmiss

Absolutely amazing collaboration from year 10 today. 100% engagement and constant smiles from all #lovetsla #spiral

Spiral
Review of Spiral by teacher: Adam J. Stryker @strykerstennis

Students show better Interpersonal Writing skills than Speaking via @SpiralEducation Great #data #langchat folks!

Spiral
Review of Spiral by teacher: Dr Ayla Göl @iladylayla

A good tool for supporting active #learning.

Spiral
Review of Spiral by teacher: Brett Erenberg @BrettErenberg

The Team Up app is unlike anything I have ever seen. You left NOTHING out! So impressed!

Get the Clip Chrome Extension & Create a Video Lesson in Seconds