This is a segment from the program "The Mayor's Hour" on City of Tampa Television (CTTV) from July, 2012. It highlights the tools that the National Weather Service uses to gather information on the weather. The segment was edited by Mark Flynn.
Tagged under: The Mayor' Hour,Mayor Bob Buckhorn,National Weather Service,Ruskin,Florida,Tyler Fleming,Meteorology,City Tampa Television,CTTV,storms,NWS,Mark Flynn,NOAA
1. What is the purpose of weather balloons? (00:00:43)
2. Why is hydrogen used to inflate the balloons? (00:01:21)
3. What types of data might a weather balloon collect? (00:00:55)
4. Why does the balloon stop rising at about 25 miles into the atmosphere? (00:02:29)
5. Why does the balloon expand from 6' to 25' in diameter, and why would it explode at that point? (00:02:37)
6. What other weather data collection systems might feed information to the meteorologists you watch or listen to? (00:04:10)
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes