Join us as we explore, conceptualize, and evaluate unit rates using proportional relationships in real-world situations. For more MashUp Math content, visit http://www.mashupmath.com and join our free mailing list! :)
This lesson answers the questions: What is a unit rate? What is a unit price? How do I set up a proportion? How do I cross multiply? What is a ratio?
Our lessons are perfect for flipped classroom math teachers and students. This lesson is aligned with the common core learning standards for math and the SAT math curriculum as well.
Be sure to join our mailing list at http://www.mashupmath.com
Tagged under: math,geometry,algebra,lesson,common core,free,homeschool,teacher,student,unit rates,unit rate,rate,proportion,proportional,relationship,cross multiply,candy,jelly beans,speed,miles hour,mph,beats minute,bpm,price,points,game,basketball,flipped,blended,learning,flip,class,classroom,water bottles,texting record,School,Learn,Education,Lessons,Tutorial,Teachers,practice,word problems,ratio,yt:quality=high,activity,
1. What is the definition of a UNIT rate?
2. I now you can do it in your head, but why was a table with all of the hours used to help understand this problem? (00:01:59)
3. Is it reasonable to use a table in this problem? Why or why not? (00:02:24)
4. Why is using a picture a GOOD way to visualize this problem? (00:03:09)
5. What are you going to use to figure out unit rates? Rewind if you did not get it! (00:03:56)
6. What did you have to do to .25 in order to make 1 pound? (00:04:36)
7. Set this problem up and type in the problem and the unit rate. You can do it. Make sure the unit rate is ONE. (00:04:51)
8. Did you get your last answer right? (00:05:22)
9. Do you think that we should have a contest in our class to see who can text the fastest? (00:05:41)
10. Make sure that you know what comparing means! (00:05:52)
11. What is the unit rate for brand B. Figure it out , type your answer and check. (00:06:39)
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes