Step by step directions for finding the prime numbers between 1 and 100
Prime & Composite Numbers
• A prime number has only two factors, 1 and itself.
• A composite number has more than two factors.
• “1” is a special case. It is neither prime nor composite since it has only one factor, which is 1.
• “2” is the only even prime number. All other even numbers are divisible by 2, so all other even numbers are composite.
Let’s find the prime numbers from 1 – 100…
• Put a box around “1” because it is neither prime nor composite
• Circle “2.” It is the first prime number. Now cross out all multiples of 2.
• Circle “3.” It the next prime number. Cross out all multiples of 3.
• Circle “5.” It is the next prime number. Cross out all multiples of 5.
• Circle “7.” It is the next prime number. Cross out all multiples of 7.
• Highlight all numbers circled or not crossed out – these are the PRIME numbers from 1 – 100. There should be twenty-five prime numbers.
Please visit my website for more Math help
Please watch: "Study Skills Teacher's Secret Guide to your Best Grades"
Tagged under: prime numbers,composite numbers,math,moomoomath,prime composite numbers,prime numbers explained,prime numbers composite numbers
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes