How to deal with workplace conflicts - Develop your personality and business skills.
Skillopedia video to learn about dealing with office conflicts. Office conflicts - Makes you nervous, irritated and frustrated! So how do you manage office conflicts. Work place is naturally a stressful environment and conflicts among your co - workers or bosses is inevitable. There are various reasons to it, jealously, ego, pride, compensation issues and so on. The following tips will help you to handle conflicts on day to day basis.
1. Approach a conflict with an open mind - Different people have different perceptions and solving workplace conflicts required finding a common ground. One should not wait for the other person to approach you instead you can be the first one to do so. One should understand the other person's point of view and how he or she arrived at it. Lack of information, misinformation or no information at all creates conflicts. Clear, concise and timely communication will help you to ease both the number and the severity of conflicts.
2. Control your emotions - When you are in control of your own emotions versus them being in control of you, you are able to handle conflicts well. Don't be a dram queen or drama king by shedding crocodile tears the moment you face a conflict. Do not throw a fit of rage on the heat of the moment. This kind of behaviour will tend to ruin your career. Stay calm and let not your emotions control you.
3. Stop assuming - Someone just said something and you find yourself rolling your eyes in aggravation. Just try to give the other person benefit of doubt. One should not think negatively all the time, Before jumping to conclusions try to understand what the other person has to say ,acknowledge and paraphrase their opinion back to them to enhance your comprehension.
4. View a conflict as an opportunity - In a conflict check on 'what's there for me' In every conflict there is a hidden teaching and learning opportunity for every one of us. Where there is disagreement there is an inherent potential of growth and development. Handle the conflict in a positive way and this stimulate innovation and learning. If all these do not work for you then a timely apology is a great way to deal with crazy conflicts. An apology is a sign of respect n civility.
Conflicts are everywhere - it just depends on you, the way you choose to handle. So hope these points help you to decide the way to deal with the workplace conflicts.
Tagged under: conflicts,communication skills,business skills,personaity development,business english,lesson,skillopedia,life skills,motivation skills,presentation skills,corporate skills,confidence building,improve,letstalkpodcast,letstalk,niharika,niharika lessons,learnex,workplace politics,speaking confidently,speak confidence,improve confidence,motivational video,inspirational video
Clip makes it super easy to turn any public video into a formative assessment activity in your classroom.
Add multiple choice quizzes, questions and browse hundreds of approved, video lesson ideas for Clip
Make YouTube one of your teaching aids - Works perfectly with lesson micro-teaching plans
1. Students enter a simple code
2. You play the video
3. The students comment
4. You review and reflect
* Whiteboard required for teacher-paced activities
With four apps, each designed around existing classroom activities, Spiral gives you the power to do formative assessment with anything you teach.
Carry out a quickfire formative assessment to see what the whole class is thinking
Create interactive presentations to spark creativity in class
Student teams can create and share collaborative presentations from linked devices
Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes